Tuesday 7 August 2007

Some Thoughts To Ponder

What you will find here is a specialized list. A list that provides a powerful personal philosophy of life. One that I believe can be truly Life-Changing.

Choosing One's Beliefs
Perhaps it would be a good idea, fantastic as it sounds, to muffle every telephone, stop every motor and halt all activity for an hour some day to give people a chance to ponder for a few minutes on what it is all about, why they are living and what they really want.
James Truslow Adams (1878-1949)


Living Life To It's Fullest
My own experience has taught me this: if you wait for the perfect moment when all is safe and assured it may never arrive. Mountains will not be climbed, races won or lasting happiness achieved.
Maurice Chevalier (1888-1972)


Romancing The Present
I don't know what tomorrow will bring -- except old age and death -- but I do know that I do have today, one absolutely glorious day that I will savor and make the most of as if it were my last one... because it may be!
Gary Fenchuk


The Art of Positive Thinking
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Lewis L. Dunnington


Realizing One's Potential
It is very dangerous to go into eternity with possibilities which one has oneself prevented from becoming realities. A possibility is a hint from God. One must follow it.
S? Kierkegaard (1813-55)


In Search of Happiness
The fountain of contentment must spring up in the mind. He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts and multiply the grief which he purposes to remove.
Samuel Johnson (1709-84)


Dealing With Adversity
So I close in saying that I might have had a bad break, but I have an awful lot to live for. Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
Lou Gehrig (1903-41)


Taking Risks
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Author Unknown


Understanding Ourselves and Others
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
Lloyd Shearer


Loving and Serving Others
I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be truly happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.
Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)


Developing Values
I once got a huge check. And the same day I got a huge hug and kiss from my child. The hug and kiss felt better.
Gary Fenchuk


Closing Thoughts
"Your task... to build a better world," God said. I answered, "How?... this world is such a large, vast place, and there's nothing I can do." But God in all His wisdom said, "just build a better you."
Author Unknown


Giggly Charm
Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth-- a sense of humor.
Unknown


Favorites
There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.
Martha Graham

No comments: